If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple and healthy brunch holds a welcoming flavor for the warm weather. The lime zest aioli helps elevate both the taste of the fries and sandwich.. —cindy lam
egg n' cheese sandwich
- 1 egg
- 2 pieces toast
- 1 piece cheese
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon herb butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat a frying pan with 2 tbsp of olive oil, add onions and cook until the onions are translucent and caramelized on medium-low heat. This should take about 5-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Using the same frying pan, add a little oil (if needed) under medium-low heat, pour in the whisked egg, season. The scrambled egg should be done in less than 3 minutes.
- Butter the toasts and combine the egg, cheese, and caramelized onion to make a sandwich.
zesty fries and lime zest aioli
- 1 large potato, julienne
- 2 lime zest
- 1 lime juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Soak the fries in cold water for at least 30 minutes or overnight then rinse with water after.
- Pat dry and mix the fries with 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, season with salt, pepper, lime zest, and cayenne pepper.
- Transfer the seasoned fries to a baking dish with 2 tbsp of olive oil on the baking sheet and lay them evenly on the baking dish without overlapping.
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC.
- Bake the fries for 30-40 minutes until crispy. Check occasionally to avoid burning by using a spatula to move the fries or flip them to the other sides.
- Add 3 tbsp of mayonnaise with chopped garlic, lime zest and lime juice. Mix well. Feel free to add a little cayenne pepper powder for a little extra kick.