If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very easy and tasty recipes for those who love bell peppers. It is a typical recipe from Puglia Southern Italy. Because of the sweet (sugar) and sour (wine vinegar) combination, it shows the Arabic influence in the local cuisine. It is perfect as a side dish, if you are having meat or seafood. I also like to have it with basmati rice. —puglia4foodies
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon black olives
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- bunches parsley
- pinches sea salt
- 4 bell peppers (mixed colors), seeded and cut in strips
- Place the olive oil and sugar in a pan over medium-low heat and cook gently for one or two minutes.
- Add the pepper strips, cover the pan and simmer until the peppers are softened, but still firm, for about 20 minutes.
- Add vinegar, capers, olives and keep cooking another 10 minutes over low heat.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs and parsley. Allow to cool before serving.