If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm sure the idea for this recipe came from a magazine at one time. It has evolved over the years into it's present form. I make it every summer when the fresh corn is in. Usually we have it with a salad, such as a black bean salad or greek salad. —Karen Brooks
ounces sourdough starter
ounces all-purpose flour
tablespoon Canola oil
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoon sea salt
ounces fresh corn kernels (about 2 large ears)
ounces chopped green onions
sour cream or creme fraiche for garnish
- Combine the starter, flour and milk. Cover and let rest for half an hour.
- To the starter mixture, add the oil, baking soda, salt and egg. Stir to combine.
- Fold i the corn and green onions.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle over medium heat and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the pan. When golden brown on the bottom, flip and brown the other side.
- Serve, garnished with creme fraiche or sour cream.