If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This jalapeño cornbread is packed with vegetables and has a hint of spiciness in every bite. Perfect as a side dish for any meal. —Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups finely ground corn meal
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup shredded jalapeño jack cheese
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Grease a 9x13 inch pan with natural cooking spray or olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and lemon juice together and set aside. The milk with curdle a bit, but that is perfectly normal.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: corn meal, brown rice flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix in the whisked eggs and vegetable oil.
- Fold in the cheese, diced onions, and corn kernels, and jalapeño. Stir everything until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes.
- Let the cornbread cool for about 15 minutes before cutting into it.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn