If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I luuuuuv tofu. Actually, I love all soy bean products. Miso, Soy sauce, Natto (fermented soy beans), Edamame, Soy milk.....
Tofu can be eaten in so many different ways, it is wonderful. Today, I introduce "Tofu and Broccoli Salad". When tofu is used like this and mixed with some vegetables, the dish is typically called "shira-a-eh". The texture is almost like cottage cheese. This is also quite filling, yet so low-calorie and low-fat! —kotokoto eats
packet firm Japanese tofu
tablespoon soy sauce
teaspoon powdered broth (Vegetarian or Fish of your choice)
pinch salt (if needed)
pinches toasted sesame seeds
- In order to remove excess moisture from the tofu, wrap the tofu in paper towel, place it in a bowl and microwave it for about 1 minute. Lightly squeeze the tofu and remove the rest of the moisture. Place it in a bowl.
- Use a masher and mash the tofu. (If you have a mortar and pestle, that can be used instead!)
- Steam the broccoli. Place it into the bowl of tofu.
- Add powdered broth(dashi), soy sauce, and salt if needed. Mix well.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.