If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by corn on the cob with jalapeño honey butter, this cupcake packs a wholloping spicy, sweet, savory punch. The cupcakes are made a little healthier by cutting back on the butter and substituting non-fat greek yogurt for sour cream. The mini size allows you to enjoy one or two cupcakes as a small treat without blowing your calorie count for the day. —Michelle @ Healthy Recipe Ecstasy
- 1 8-ounce package corn muffin mix
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 15-ounce can cream style corn
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup raw agave syrup
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 large jalapeno, finely diced
Honey Butter Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together the liquid ingredients (starting with creamed corn) plus the fresh corn into a smaller bowl. You can scrape the corn off the cob right into the bowl.
- Slowly whisk the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Add the jalapeños and stir until combined.
- Spray a mini cupcake or muffin tin with cooking spray. Make sure you spray it good so the cupcakes don’t stick. Fill each pocket with about 2-3 tablespoons of batter. Make sure you don’t overfill – you need to give these babies some room to grow.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the cupcakes are golden brown.
- Mix together the softened butter and honey. Then slowly whisk in the sugar and salt. Using an electric mixer (or a strong arm) whisk the ingredients quickly until they achieved the desired frosting consistency. Put in the fridge to cool while the cupcakes are baking.
- Once the cupcakes are done, let them cool completely. Top each cupcake with a small spoonful of frosting. You can add a few diced jalapeños are toppings for those who like a little extra spice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn