If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is sort of a silly recipe, but a fun way to use the corn which we will no doubt be up to our ears in within the next couple of months (pun 100% intended). The proportions can easily be adjusted to your liking. The finished product is ultimately an interplay of sweet corn, tangy tomato, and salty cheese - and tastes almost like a piece of pizza! —Carlynn Woolsey
- 4 ears of corn on the cob, shucked and rinsed clean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinches salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup premade, quality marinara or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, or shards of the cheese cut with a vegetable peeler
- fresh basil or oregano
- Preheat the broiler in your oven (Use the low setting if you have the option.).
- Place the ears of corn on a sheet pan, lightly brushing all-over with the olive oil, and sprinkling with salt & pepper.
- Cook the corn under the broiler for approximately 15-20 minutes, turning often, until the kernels are lightly browned all over.
- Remove the corn from the oven, and spoon small amounts of the sauce over each piece of corn. Cover each piece with the Parmesan cheese.
- Return the corn to the oven and cook just until the cheese is melted.
- Once the cheese is melted, serve, garnished with the fresh basil or oregano, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn