If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Super moist fritters give you a double dose of corn with fresh, roasted kernels and cornmeal, along with grated zucchini. They're golden brown and crispy, and perfect with a spiced up Greek yogurt. —Flavorthemoments
Makes 12 small fritters
- 2 zucchini (medium), grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh roasted corn kernels
- 1 scallion, light and dark green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg (large), lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons lowfat buttermilk
Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, roasted, and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon agave syrup
- salt, to taste
- Prepare the fritters: Place cheesecloth or a towel in a sieve placed over a bowl. Combine the grated zucchini and teaspoon of kosher salt. Place in the cheesecloth lined sieve and let stand 10 minutes.
- While the zucchini stands, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Gather up the cheesecloth and wring out the liquid from the zucchini until very little is left. Place the zucchini in a bowl with the corn, scallion, and lemon zest, and stir to combine. Add the egg and buttermilk, and stir until incorporated. Stir in the flour/cornmeal mixture, just until incorporated.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of canola oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the fritters, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Make sure to adjust the heat accordingly so that the fritters don't burn. Cook about 2 minutes per side, or until crisp and golden brown. Place on a wire rack over a baking sheet and keep warm in a 200 degree oven while cooking the remaining fritters, adding oil as the pan gets dry.
- When the fritters are cooked, place the Greek yogurt in a bowl with the jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, zest, agave, and salt. Serve with the warm fritters and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn