If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh corn mixed with cotija cheese, cilantro, lime, and a pinch of garlic - the flavors of Mexican street corn brought indoors, no grill needed! —CakePants
- 1 1/2 pounds corn
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime (juice only)
- Clean the corn cobs, removing the husks and corn silks. Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the cobs, discarding the cobs afterward.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat until completely melted.
- Add corn and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn has softened, about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the stove. Stir in cilantro, cotija, and black pepper. Squeeze lime juice on top or serve garnished with slices of lime.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn