If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summer's here, the grill is out, corn is fresh, and this is a great dish to serve at your picnic. It's easy and delicious. —DocChiroMB
- 12 Ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Fresh lime juice
- 1 Canned chipotle with 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (or more to taste)
- 3/4 cup Creme freche
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup Cotija cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, minced
- Add salt to 8 quarts of water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add garlic and boil 1 minute. Remove garlic and reserve. Add corn to water. Allow to return to a rolling boil, then turn off heat. After 10 minutes, remove corn from water, place on a platter and cover.
- While corn is cooking, add mayonnaise, lime juice, chipotle with adobo, creme freche, molasses, and garlic to a blender, and puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl and mix in 3/4 cup cotija cheese and 1/4 cup cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix together remaining cheese and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, place corn on a hot grill, occasionally rotating ears until corn is slightly charred all around. Remove from grill. Brush all around with mayonnaise mixture, sprinkle with reserved cheese mixture and serve