If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Corn is popular in Brazil year around, in some regions. There are more sweet dishes then savory. This is a very traditional cake recipe over there, but I transformed them into mini cupcakes and added Cream cheese frosting and coconut. Tangy, sweet and crunchy. Grandma would be proud!!! —Fabiola
Makes 30 mini cupcakes
For the mini cupcakes
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Corn puree
- Preheat the oven at 350F degrees Prepare a mini cupcake baking pan with liners of choice With the mixer on medium speed, cream sugar and butter Add the Egg Slowly add the flour and baking powder Turn the mixer off and gently fold in the corn puree. To make the corn puree simple beat the corn on the blender or food processor, Just one or two minutes. You will want some corn chunks to bite into. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let it cool before add the frosting
Corn Cream Cheese Frosting and Coconut
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 5 tablespoons Unsalted butter slightly cooler them room temperature
- 1 cup Confectionary Sugar, Sifted
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Corn Puree
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut flakes (more if desire)
- In the mixer with low speed, beat the cream cheese with butter until very creamy Slowly add the sifted confectionary sugar Add the vanilla extract Gently, fold in the corn puree Put in the refrigerator for a few minutes before using. Decorate the cupcakes with the frosting and garnish with a lot of coconut flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn