If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Individual pizzas are my go-to for summer picnics. These pizzas are light and summery with a garlic herb olive oil in place of sauce, and a beautiful trio of beets, corn, and goat cheese on top. —Sarah
- 7 ounces pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- choice of herbs, minced (I usually use thyme, rosemary, and sage)
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 beet
- 1 ear corn, either grilled or boiled, and kernels removed from ear
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce beet with a fork all over and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for approx. 30 min. or until tender when pierced with a knife. When done, open tin foil, peel beet, and slice thinly.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Divide pizza dough into 2 portions and roll out each portion into a 6-inch circle. Cover and let rest for 10 min.
- Combine olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Bake pizza dough circles for 3 min. until slightly firm.
- Remove from oven and brush on olive oil mixture. Lay slices of beet on the dough, sprinkle on corn kernels, and then crumble on the goat cheese.
- Bake for 10 min. or until pizza dough is crisp on the edges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Corn
More Great Recipes: Pizza