Author Notes: This key lime pie has a hint of tang to it, which tempers the sweetness. It'll bring the warm sunshine inside right to your plate. —FirstTimeFoods
tablespoons butter, melted
cans sweetened condensed milk
cup key lime juice (bottled or fresh, ~30 key limes needed for fresh juice)
cup light sour cream
- Melt butter in the microwave and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Place graham crackers in a quart sized plastic bag, close bag, and crush with your hands or a rolling pin until you have small crumbs. Add 2 tablespoons sugar to bag and shake to combine.
- Grease a 9-inch round pie pan.
- Place the graham crackers and melted butter in the pie pan and combine well with a spatula. Press the mixture into the sides and bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- In a large bowl, combine the 2 cans sweetened condensed milk, 3/4 cup key lime juice, and 1/2 cup sour cream until smooth.
- Pour the key lime filling into the pie pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the oven off and keep the pie in for 30 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ~30 minutes. Then place in the fridge for ~3 hours to chill.
- Top with whipped cream and lime wedges or mint garnish. Serve chilled.