If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Black peppercorn-crusted rib-eye steaks dotted with caramelized roasted garlic butter. —Riley Wofford
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Slice the garlic in half crosswise and place on a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle with the olive oil and wrap the foil around the garlic tightly to seal. Roast for about 1 hour, until the garlic is soft and caramelized. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Squeeze the garlic cloves into the bowl of a food processor with the butter and salt and blend until smooth.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless rib-eye steaks
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir together the pepper and salt in a shallow dish and press both sides of each steak into the mixture to coat. Add the steaks to the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes. Slice the steaks into thin slices and spoon the garlic butter over the top.