If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a variation on my grandma's renowned oil cake with plums and walnuts —Cara Eisenpress
Makes one 9-by-9-inch cake
- 1 cup neutral oil, like safflower
- 1 13/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces plump dried apricots, halved
- Oil a 9 x 9-inch baking pan and line with oiled parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the oil, sugar, and eggs.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and fold in. Fold in the fruit and the pecans.
- Spread the batter in the pan. Bake on the middle racks for about 1 hour, or up to 1 hour and 10 minutes, until the top is crisp and brown and a toothpick or skewer inserted in comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully turn out onto a rack to cool.
More Great Recipes: