If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been going crazy using this green sauce recipe, and it only made sense to incorporate it into my summer grilling menu. This is a super simple and delicious recipe for the summer holidays coming up! —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 6 kabobs
For the Green Kabobs:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 cup chimichurri sauce (recipe below)
- Pour 1/2 cup of the chimichurri into a freezer bag. Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and drop into the bag. Refrigerate for 30 - 60 minutes.
- If using a grill, soak the skewers for 30 minutes. If using a grill pan, no need to soak. Crank the grill or grill pan up to medium high heat.
- Cut the green onion into 1 inch pieces, only using the light green part. Discard the dark green parts.
- Stack the chicken and green onions onto the skewers. Drizzle a bit of olive oil onto the grill pan and drop the skewers onto the grill. Let each side cook for about 3 minutes, 12-15 minutes total.
For the Chimichurri:
- 2 bunches cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 2 limes (juice only)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 jalapenos (seeds removed from 1 or both)
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Put everything in the food processor or blender and blend until really smooth. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for up to a couple of weeks.
- Adjust amount of jalapeno and seeds based on heat tolerance. Option 1: Both jalapenos and both seeds. Option 2: Both jalapenos and only half the seeds. Option 3: Both jalapenos and no seeds. Option 4: One jalapeno with no seeds. I used option 2, and the sauce came out like a medium salsa heat level.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat