If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I got the inspiration from this Food Safari's Lebanese episode a few years back and I never forgot it ever since. Originally, it's called Baked Salmon "Tarator" Style by Greg Malouf. My version, however, is very very simplified and I think I have achieved a similar but very different result - still very good, taste-wise. —Christabel
Tahini Harissa Yogurt Dressing
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste
Salmon and Spinach
- 2 pieces salmon fillets, about 150g each
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, packed
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 piece small bay leaf
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts and seeds
- For the dressing, I have 1/4 cup of tahini paste, 1/4 cup of low fat yogurt and 1 tsp of harissa paste because I like the kick! Mix this then set aside.
- For the fish, I just poached the salmon with some whole peppercorns and bay leaves for 8-10 minutes. I like mine a bit on the rare side, so I cooked my salmon for just 8 minutes.
- With the remaining poaching liquid, I wilted some spinach leaves onto it and placed this on a plate.
- With a small spatula, I spread the dressing on the fish (like icing a cake!) and sprinkled some mix nuts and seeds on top. Voila! A healthy, easy lunch and looks like dessert!