If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 4x250 ml (1 cup)
pounds sweet cherries (2 pounds if pitted)
milliliters cherry juice
grams gelling sugar 2:1
pinch ground cardamom
tablespoons almond extract/amaretto
- Wash and stone the cherries.
- In a saucepan, puree a third of the cherries, then mix well with the remaining cherries, the cherry juice, vanilla and gelling sugar. Cover and let stand in a cool place for 3 hours.
- Cook the cherry mass under stirring let bubble for 4 minutes, then check is gelling point is reached.
- Stir in cardamom and almond extract/amaretto
- Fill jam into hot rinsed jars and seal immediately.
- Tip: Make cherry coconut by substituting the almond extract with coconut syrup or coconut liqueur.