Makes: 4x250 ml (1 cup)
pounds sweet cherries (2 pounds if pitted)
milliliters cherry juice
grams gelling sugar 2:1
pinch ground cardamom
tablespoons almond extract/amaretto
- Wash and stone the cherries.
- In a saucepan, puree a third of the cherries, then mix well with the remaining cherries, the cherry juice, vanilla and gelling sugar. Cover and let stand in a cool place for 3 hours.
- Cook the cherry mass under stirring let bubble for 4 minutes, then check is gelling point is reached.
- Stir in cardamom and almond extract/amaretto
- Fill jam into hot rinsed jars and seal immediately.
- Tip: Make cherry coconut by substituting the almond extract with coconut syrup or coconut liqueur.