If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This lovely loaf keeps well for quite a few days, you can pop it in the toaster if you like and serve it with a hunk of butter for a mid-morning snack.
It is a great snack for work and is excellent in school lunch boxes. If you think the green flecks might deter your children, you can peel the zucchini before you grate it. But then you would literally be sneaking vegetables into food - like I do.. —Eat This My Friend | Jade O'Donahoo
Makes 2 loaves
- 1 1/2 cups raw caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable/olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain natural yoghurt (full fat)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 cup choc-chips
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C and prepare 2 loaf tins with baking paper.
- Grate your zucchini and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil, yoghurt and caster sugar. Add the vanilla extract and grated zucchini and stir until combined.
- Sift in the two flours and cinnamon and fold in gently. Stir though the sultanas.
- Divide the mixture into the two prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for an hour, or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to rest for a few minutes before removing from the tins and cooling them on a wire rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe