If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This vegan and gluten-free "chicken" salad is packed with protein and a delicious creamy tofu mayo. Serve it in lettuce wraps, collard rolls, or over your favorite bread or cracker. —Andrew
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons whole grain or Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons umeboshi plum vinegar
- 30 ounces canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 12-16 dill pickles, finely minced
- 8 scallions, finely minced
- 1 cup parsley, finely minced
- 8 stalks celery, finely minced
- 1 1/4 cups tofu "mayonnaise"
- 2 teaspoons stone ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons tamari
- First, prepare the tofu mayonnaise by combining all the ingredients in a blender and slowly blending until pureed. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Next, add the chickpeas to a medium size bowl and mash them with a fork. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe