If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A deliciously intriguing flavour combination, this cake is perfect for those who want the gourmet flavour but not the complicated transportation arrangements! —Hilary
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 3 large eggs
- 1 juice and zest of one grapefruit
- 1 juice and zest of one orange
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried rosemary
- 1 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon hibiscus syrup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your bundt pan.
- Beat the butter, oil and sugar in a large bowl until light and creamy. Add the liquor and then the eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg. Stir in the juice, zest and rosemary.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal and baking powder. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, folding just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow it to cool for about 5 minutes before inversing the cake onto a cooling rack.
- Once the cake is completely cooled, glaze it with the syrup ingredients all mixed together. It will soak right in, making a deliciously saucy crust!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe