If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Gin + Tonic, is classic, easy to make, and my preferred choice at restaurants and bars. But it is easy to get stuck eating and drinking the same foods. So I love this updated version of my favorite drink. Adding roasted balsamic strawberries with handfuls of basil. This drink is new, fresh and perfect for warm nights. Enjoy!
*Roasted Balsamic Strawberries recipe adapted from A Cozy Kitchen —localhaven
Roasted Balsamic Strawberries
- 8 ounces Strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and put halved strawberries onto the pan. In a small bowl whisk together maple syrup, olive oil, and sea salt. Pour over the strawberries and toss together. Arrange the berries in a single layer and roast for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven top with a few drops of balsamic vinegar. Toss together and place in a small bowl to cool.
Roasted Strawberry Gin + Tonic
- 1/2 cup Roasted balsamic strawberries
- 1 handful Basil leaves
- 4-6 ounces Gin (my favorite is Aviation)
- Divide the basil leaves between the 4 glasses. Using the back of a wooden spoon or a muddler and press down on the basil leaves.
- Fill the glasses with lots of ice. Put 3 tablespoons of roasted strawberries in the glass and top with 1-2 ounces of gin and tonic. Give it a good stir.
More Great Recipes: