If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this recipe is simple Parisienne and fun. It is great warm or cold. I have always longed for a Paris vacation and until that day this is a quick escape. —Daphne manning
Serves 2 adults
- 1 Chicken breast (bone in)
- 1 cup Baguette cubed
- 2-3 Small Yukon potatoes
- 1 bunch Mixed greens: parsley, sage, baby bib, romaine
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- Melt butter and set aside . Rise and pat dry chicken breast. Thinly slice potatoes into rounds . Toss potatoes and bread in butter and put in the button , potatoes first , then bread and breast skin side up in cast iron skillet. Cover with remaining butter and salt( course) and pepper (course) to taste . Cook for 30-40minutes skin should be golden and crisp
- Remove skillet from heat and cover with foil. Toss the greens with olive oil and slightly season with pepper and add a bit of orange or lemon zest(optional).plate the chicken with the bread and potatoes on top of the greens and the chicken on top of the bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe