If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect potato salad to compliment any picnic menu, loaded with chopped hard-boiled eggs, celery, tangy mustard, and creamy mayonnaise. —Colleen Delawder
Serves 10 to 16
- 4 pounds red potatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet hungarian paprika
- finely chopped chives
- sweet hungarian paprika
- Peel the potatoes, and then dice them into equal sized chunks.
- Place the potatoes and 1-teaspoon sea salt in a large pot, and then cover with water by two inches.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat, and cook until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and rinse with cold water for two minutes.
- Halve the hard-boiled eggs, and separate the white from the yolk, roughly chopping the egg whites and placing the yolks into a large bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the egg yolks, and then mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, pepper, salt, celery seed, and paprika.
- Gently fold in the hard-boiled egg whites, celery, and potatoes.
- Garnish with finely chopped chives and a sprinkle of paprika.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe