If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Israeli Couscous with a Citrus Vinaigrette and Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado and Corn —Meagan
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Basil
FOR THE DRESSING
- 2 Clementine Oranges
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- Add water to a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil and then add corn. Cook until tender, about 10-12 min. Remove from water and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, add 1½ cup of chicken broth, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and add couscous. Cover and lower heat to low and let simmer until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Make dressing. In a small bowl, squeeze juice out of lemon and clementines. Add vinegar, oil and mustard. Whisk together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Halve cherry tomatoes, slice avocado into cubes and roughly chop basil. Hold corn upright and run a large knife down the side to remove corn kernels.
- Add corn,tomatoes, basil,avocado and dressing to couscous. Mix until combined. Either serve or refrigerate and serve cold.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe