If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Vegan but DECADENT potato salad, full of flavor, and picnic-perfect: no mayo means it can sit out all day safely! —Lindsay Howerton-Hastings
- 12 medium yukon gold potatoes (or any kind you like!), scrubbed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup white vinegar, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (omit if you're not into celery)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the potatoes to a large pot of salted water. Cover, and bring to a boil. When the water boils, remove the lid and let the potatoes boil for 10-15 minutes until fork tender but not falling apart.
- Drain the potatoes, and transfer to a large bowl. Let cool for about 10 minutes until not hot but still slightly warm.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl, and add the olive oil, vinegar, onions, dill, parsley, and celery. Stir together, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings to your preference - remember that potatoes absorb salt, so add more right before serving if you think it needs it. Add more vinegar if you'd like a tangier salad, or more oil if the potatoes seem dry.
- Serve slightly warm, at room temperature, or chilled. Can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept in the fridge.
- Enjoy! This recipe originally appeared at http://funnyloveblog.com/2012/08/10/salt-and-vinegar-potato-salad-update/.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe