Author Notes: A hard-boiled egg wrapped in sausage and bread crumbs. It's like an orb of perfection. And calories. —Fresh Beats, Fresh Eats
cups Panko bread crumbs
pounds Uncooked sausage
cup AP Flour
In This Recipe
- First, put 6 eggs in a pot, cover with water, and boil for 12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and place in a bowl of cold water to cool down.
- Once the eggs are cool, gently roll and apply pressure on a kitchen towel until you hear a slight crack, then peel the shell off.
- Wrap the hard-boiled eggs in sausage.
- Whisk the last egg in a shallow bowl, and fill two other shallow bowls with the flour and bread crumbs, respectively.
- Dredge each of the sausage-eggs in the flour, then the egg, and finally the bread crumbs.
- Cover and chill the eggs for an hour, then preheat your oven to 400.
- Place the eggs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Take the eggs out and let them cool for 5 minutes, slice lengthwise, and serve with the mustard and relish.