If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who says vegetarian sandwiches can't pack a flavor punch? These sandwiches feature roasted red peppers, white cheddar cheese, and a deliciously spicy chipotle-lime carrot slaw —CakePants
- 4 slices sourdough (or similar) bread
- 8 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 4 slices white cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 large leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup grated carrot (about 2 carrots)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix together grated carrot, mayonnaise, adobo sauce, and lime juice.
- Place lettuce, sliced avocado, red peppers (patted dry with a paper towel), one layer of sliced cheese, and carrot slaw on bottom slices of bread, in that order. Top with remaining slices of bread and cut with a serrated knife.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe