If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious sweet corn with a little kick. The Thai basil elevates this corn salad to unbelievable heights. —Jessica Kleinbaum
- 6-8 Ears of sweet corn, shucked
- 1 Large red bell pepper, seeded and diced small
- 10 ounces Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Red onion, finely diced
- 1 Juice of one lime
- 4 teaspoons Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Coarse kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons Garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Thai basil (or sweet)
- 1 teaspoon Hot sauce to taste (optional)
- Boil shucked corn in large pot of lightly salted water for 8 minutes.
- Remove corn from water and set aside
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, lime juice, black pepper, salt, garlic and hot sauce
- Cut kernels from ears of corn and separate gently with fingers. Place in large bowl.
- Toss red bell pepper, tomatoes, red onion and basil with corn.
- Pour dressing over corn mixture and gently mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour preferably overnight.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe