If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you’re on your way to the park or beach for the day, this is the perfect potato salad to throw in your coolbox for lunch. A light, refreshing sauce makes this the meal to cool down with in the baking sun. It goes so well with other salads and is also the perfect side dish at a BBQ. This might be your go-to dish this summer! —Amelia G
- 2.5 pounds Waxy Potatoes
- 6 Scallions, chopped
- 1 cup Low Fat Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Low Fat Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 0.5 teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 Lemon, juice only
- 1 pinch Paprika
- Place the diced potatoes in a large saucepan and top with cold water. Add 1 tsp of salt and bring the water to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Check the potatoes are done by stabbing a few of the larger pieces with a sharp knife. There shouldn’t be any resistance once the potatoes are cooked i.e. they should slide quite easily off the knife. Be careful not to cook the potatoes for too long. You don’t want them too soft as they will then crush when you stir through the sauce.
- Drain the potatoes and leave to cool completely. Once the potatoes are cool, you can create the sauce.
- Mix together the sour cream, cream cheese, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne pepper, pepper, garlic powder, 1 tbsp of the parsley, the remaining 1 tsp of salt, and about 80% of the scallions (reserve the rest for later).
- Gently mix this through the potatoes until the sauce is well incorporated. Be careful not to crush the potatoes.
- Scatter the remaining scallion and parsley on top, along with a pinch of paprika, and one last pinch of salt and pepper, to serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe