If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These waffles are perfect for when you've got the time to make real waffles, no baking powder here. They are vegan, but made with the ingredients everyone has in their pantry. Most people probably won't be able to tell the difference —Anze Petelinsek
- 2 1/2 cups flour (wheat, spelt, gluten free AP...)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground vanilla
- 1 packet instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 2 cups warmed plant milk (almond, soy, rice, coconut...)
Chocolate sea salt ganache
- 200 grams dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 cups plant milk
- 1/2 tablespoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm plant milk. Add the oil and let it rise for 10-15 minutes. In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, sugar, vanilla and salt. Fold in the wet ingredients and mix until bubbles start to form. At this stage you let the dough rise for 20-30 minutes or until it's doubled in size. When it's ready, bake it in your waffle maker according to the instructions. Once you've made the waffles you can wrap them up and freeze them as you wish.
- In a microwave (or in a double boiler) melt the chocolate, slowly mix in the milk, rum and sea salt. Serve warm or cold.