If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite meals are the kind where you sit around a large table with friends and family, talking, laughing and making messes. In my house, we try to do those kind of meals whenever possible. Making messes, we have that down. But really sitting down, forgetting about your day, all of the stress, and enjoying every bite, that's pure joy. Weekend brunches, family barbecues, and taco night are some of our favorites. When someone in this house says its taco night, everyone knows what that means. Good food, great drinks, lots of stories and too many dishes. —localhaven
- 3-4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt + 1 teaspoon per pound
- 1 tablespoon sugar + 1 teaspoon per pound
- freshly ground pepper
- Rub salt, sugar and pepper into pork shoulder. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees the following day. Place pork in a roasting pan and roast for 6 hours.
- Remove from the oven, cover and rest for 30 minutes.
- Using 2 forks, shred the meat.
- Favorite Taco Essentials: Spicy Sriracha Mayo Radishes Cilantro Tomatoes Red Onion Jalapenos Limes Avocado Corn tortillas, toasted Lots of hot sauce!
Goat Cheese Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 whole jalapeno, finely diced (use only 1/2 for milder heat)
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Scoop out the avocado meat into a medium bowl.
- Begin mashing with a fork. Add cilantro, red onion, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and goat cheese.
- Mix, taste and add salt and pepper.