If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Experimenting with alternative recipes for gluten-free tortillas to make at home, and found this amazing recipe via Pinterest. They have a chewy tortilla-like consistency, very pliable for wraps and tacos, and are highlighted by the chickpea and ground flax seed content, which ups it in fiber and protein!! It makes about 4-6 small/medium size tortillas so depending on how thin/thick you'd like the results will vary. Adjust the quantities to make more tortillas but this is perfect to make just in time for dinner on a weeknight =) —Stacy
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds (or flaxseed meal)
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4-1 cups water
- pinches sea salt, turmeric, cumin
- olive oil, to thin as desired
- Whisk the ground flaxseeds and warm water together in a small bowl. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken until it comes together.
- Add thicken ground flax seed with the rest of the ingredients. Whisk in the water starting with 1/3 cup at a time. Mixture should be like pancake batter, no lumps. For thinner tortillas add more water (up to 1 cup).
- Preheat a lightly greased a 9" pan on medium heat. Pour ~1/2 cup batter and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Cook 1st side for about 3 minutes, depending on the thickness of your batter. You're ready to flip when the edges start to become golden and dry. Flip and cook on the other side for about a minute more.
- Serve as tortillas, pizzas, or tart/pie crust, or wrap!