If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh mint and light green Italian Zucchini get fresh and intimate in this creamy pasta dish. Note: no cream was used in the making of this vegan dish and all creaminess comes from puree-ing the veggies. —Nissrine @ Harmony à la Carte
- 225 grams Spaghetti
- 3 Medium Light Green Italian Zucchini
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint, chopped + 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Shallots, roughly diced
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- pinches Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add coarse sea salt, stir and add pasta. Cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, chop mint and set aside.
- Sauté diced shallots in olive oil and a pinch of salt until transluscent, about 2-3 minutes. Add pressed garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Quarter zucchini lengthwise, and slice horizontally into small bite size triangles and add to onion and garlic mixture with 1/2 cup of water. Steam sauté for about 10 minutes until zucchini is softened.
- Remove about 1/4 cup of the zucchini mixture and set aside. Transfer the rest to a large deep dish mixing bowl or hand blender container/jar.
- Add chopped mint and purée with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer zucchini & mint cream to the same pan where you sautéed the shallots, garlic and zucchini. Add 1/4 cup of pasta cooking water and heat mixture on low.
- Add strained pasta and the zucchini mixture (set aside in step 5) to the cream and toss to combine and heat through.
- Serve hot and enjoy (and don't forget to wipe the plates and pan clean with some fresh crusty bread) – Buon appetito!