If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No frills or fancy ingredients, just a simple "Dalmatian" seasoning of coarse salt, freshly cracked pepper and olive oil rubbed all over. Grilled over high heat for a short time (2 minutes) these grilled asparagus tips come out perfectly medium-rare, with a grilled exterior and juicy snap to its interior. —Justin Miller
tablespoon olive oil
tablespoon coarse salt
tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat.
- After rinsing the asparagus under cool water, grab one end in each hand and bend the asparagus spears in half gently until they naturally snap. Place the tips into a bowl.
- Add to the asparagus tips 1 tablespoon each of olive oil, coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Getting your hands dirty, mix everything together until the asparagus tips are evenly coated with the olive oil and Dalmatian seasonings.
- Carefully place the tips across the preheated grill grates, cover and allow to cook undisturbed for 60 seconds over direct high heat.
- Briskly but carefully, turn each tip so that the side of the asparagus tips that was facing away from the flame is now in direct contact with it.
- Cover and cook undisturbed for 60 more seconds, then remove and serve immediately.