If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, fresh, delicious salad of cabbage, corn, and cilantro, cooked over fire. This salad is smoky, and rich, while still remaining fresh and light; a flavorful combination of textures, flavors, and aromas that will put a smile on your face with every bite. —Tasty Plan
ears of corn, chucked
head red cabbage
tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for cooking
handful cilantro, chopped
green onions, thinly sliced
tablespoons apple cider vinegar
teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
fresh ground pepper to taste
- I used a small gas grill for making this recipe, but you can easily make this with a coal grill if that is what you have. Just let grill heat to a high temperature before you start cooking. You can also grill indoors using grill pan. You will not achieve the same smokiness, but it will still be delicious.
- Start by turning the heat to high. Close the top and let grill heat for al least five minutes.
- Brush chucked corn with olive oil. Directly place on the grill and cook turning every four to five minutes, until you have turned onto all four sides. After every turn, close the grill top.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the cabbage and place on the grill. Cook for five minutes, turning once. Both the corn and the cabbage should be slightly charred. Remove from grill and set aside and let cool until it is easy enough to handle.
- Place corn kernels and cabbage into a bowl. Add chopped cilantro and sliced green onion.
- Mix one tablespoon of olive oil, two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar, and chipotle powder in a bowl. Pour over salad and mix. Sprinkle salad with salt and pepper. Mix and devour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish