If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a no recipe, kinda recipe. A great way to make use of leftover grilled zucchini (or eggplant). Easy, tasty and perfect for lunch on a park bench. I've left out the quantities because you can really improvise and build this to your hearts content depending on how many sandwiches you want to make and how stuffed you like them. I used smoked Mozzarisella for these sandwiches, which is an Italian vegan mozzarella made from sprouted rice. I used to love cheese before I gave up dairy, and no vegan mozzarella substitute has been able to win me over until now. It's not quite the real deal, but I haven't had the real thing in so long, I hardly even notice. It's creamy and melts really nicely and satisfies the craving for something "cheesy" . If you can't find Mozzarisella in your neck of the woods, feel free to use another brand of vegan or non vegan mozzarella (if you're into dairy). —Nissrine @ Harmony à la Carte
Makes: as many as you like
Zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1 cm thick slices
Extra virgin olive oil
Good sandwich bread
Dollop of Vegan Mayo
Smoked Mozzarisella, or other vegan mozzarella
Dollop of Rustic Dijon Mustard
Smoked Tofu, sliced
- If you don't have grilled zucchini or other veggies already on hand, start by slicing the zucchini lengthwise into 1 cm thick slices. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt on both sides and let them sweat about 10 minutes. Pat them dry and grill them on the barbecue or indoor grill for a few minutes on either side, until they've browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To build the sandwich, top bread with vegan mayo, Dijon, smoked Mozzarisella, smoked tofu and grilled zucchini.
- Top the filling with another slice of bread and press together firmly.
- Toast sandwich on the barbecue/sandwich grill for a few minutes on each side until bread has browned slightly and Mozzarisella has melted, pressing gently with a spatula to hold the sandwich together.
- Slice in half diagonally and enjoy on your favourite park bench, by the pool, in the backyard with a glass if wine...you get the drift.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish