If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe that my husband & I came up with last summer when we had a "bumper" crop of eggplant. It has become a family favorite! For those wanting recipes that are low carb, low fat, gluten free and great tasting! —Leslie
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces of turkey bacon (can use pork if desired)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 4 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 1/2 cup Asiago shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried or fresh oregano
- You can peel or not peel your eggplant - your preference. Slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. Lay on a paper towel and sprinkle salt on to remove any bitterness. Let sit for 15 minutes. Pre-heat your grill - indoor or outdoor
- Chop turkey bacon into small pieces and brown. Add your 2 cloves of garlic (chopped), drain and set aside. Chop green onion, mushrooms, and black olives. Set aside.
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Brush onto one side of the eggplant. Place the eggplant slices on the grill (I use a vegetable grill platter on my gas grill) - side down of what has the oil mixture on it. Then brush the other side with the oil/vinegar mixture. Let brown for about 5 minutes on low. Then flip.
- Spoon a small amount of pizza sauce on each eggplant slice. Now add your pizza topping ingredients. As these are individual pizzas you can mix & match the ingredients to your family/guests' preferences. Sprinkle small amount of oregano on each pizza and then sprinkle on 1 TB Asiago cheese. Close the grill for 5 minutes to let bottom brown and cheese to melt.
- **you can add other favorite pizza ingredients to your liking**