If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I simply love grilled zucchini and squash, and I wish I could say I used some from our garden, but I only have a small potted herb and lettuce garden. The good news is I used fresh tarragon and basil from it for this recipe. Two types of vinegar add a nice tang to this. If you don’t have either of those vinegars, you could sub any type of wine or cider vinegar, I’m sure. Same for the herbs — oregano, rosemary, thyme… —anotherfoodieblogger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil leaves, minced
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Shredded parmesan cheese, to taste
- 3 or 4 Zucchini and/or Squash
- In a large glass or rubber flat dish, whisk all the ingredients except the vegetables and cheese until well blended.
- Slice the zucchini and squash lengthwise into even strips and place in the dish with the marinade, using a basting brush to coat well. Grind extra black pepper over all to taste.
- Cover and let marinate at room temperature for two to four hours.
- Heat the grill to high heat, and cook about 15 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Add the shredded Parmesan cheese in the last few minutes of cooking. You can reserve the marinade to drizzle over the squash when serving, for extra flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish