Author Notes: Summer time is for grilling —don't let your salad feel left out. Romaine, raddichio and leeks get kissed by the grill then topped with crunchy raw fennel and a gorgeously creamy dijon parmigianno vinaigrette. —Amanda Shulman
Radicchio, cut into quarters
Leeks, halved lengthwise
Lemon Parmigianno Dressing
cup lemon juice
tablespoons dijon mustard
cup freshly grated parmigianno
cup olive oil
- Turn your grill on high. Generously drizzle your lettuce, radicchio, and leeks in olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Char them all on the grill until they start to wilt and get a nice color.
- Thinly slice your fennel. Roughly chop all the lettuces and leeks.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange your lettuces on a platter. Topped with fennel and spoon on dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish