If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend of mine made this one night for a dinner party, and it was a total game-changer for me. I love salads, but the lettuce+cheese+dressing combo can get a little old. Grilling romaine takes lettuce to a whole new level - and as a newbie griller, this one went into my rotation immediately. —And What I Ate
- 6 romaine hearts
- 1/4 cup crumbled smoked blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Fire up the grill.
- Brush the washed romaine hearts with the EVOO/salt & pepper/oregano mix.
- Grill the romaine hearts pretty quickly, about 2 minutes on each side. You want them to have grill marks but not get burned.
- Crumble the smoked blue cheese (or gorgonzola) over the try of romaine, then drizzle the balsamic reduction in a nice little pattern. Serve & enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish