If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite grilled vegetable is Mexican street corn. This flavour packed salad takes the smokiness of the grilled corn, the zing of the lime, the heat of chipotle and the saltiness of the cotija and combines it with nutty grilled avocado to make the perfect grilled dish. —The Gilded Sprout
- 3 Cobs of Corn
- 3 Green Onions
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Cotija (feta works too)
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- Soak the corn in its husks for 30 minutes and then place on the BBQ for 15 minutes.
- Once the corn has steamed in its husks remove from the grill and discard husks.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the stone.
- Place corn cobs, avocado and green onions on the grill to char.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise, sour cream, chipotle, and the juice and zest of half a lime.
- Remove corn from husks and place in a large bowl along with the chopped avocado and green onions.
- Chop the cilantro and crumble the cheese and add these with the dressing to the bowl.
- Toss the salad and season to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish