Author Notes: These brownies are the perfect combination of soft, chocolatey, and satisfyingly rich. You'll never believe they are grain-free! —Primal Palate
ounces dark chocolate (Eating Evolved brand)
ounces unsalted butter
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup chestnut flour (can substitute almond flour)
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon Baking Powder
cup Coconut Sugar
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9"x13" glass baking dish with butter or palm shortening, and line with parchment paper for easy removal of the brownies.
- Melt the dark chocolate and the butter over medium low heat, while stirring frequently.
- Add the coconut sugar and the vanilla to the chocolate and butter, and stir until smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the heat, and allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the eggs, chestnut flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Once the chocolate mixture is cool, pour into the flour mixture, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the oiled and parchment lined 9"x13" baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top of the brownies with chocolate chips before baking if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before frosting.