If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for a delicious soup to warm you up and satisfy your taste buds? We've got it right here! —Diane Hoch
- 3 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Medium onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 cups Spring water
- 6 Medium to large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Ginger, fresh finely minced (reserve 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1'' Vanilla Bean
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- Ground Sea Salt to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parsley, Chopped
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds, toasted
- In a stockpot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add the onions, 1 tbsp minced ginger, sliced carrots and sauté for about 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Add 5 cups spring water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer partially covered for about 20 minutes, until the carrots are tender. Add the vanilla bean.
- Use immersion blender to blend the soup with the remaining tablespoon of grated ginger, cinnamon, coriander, and turmeric, until very smooth. Season the soup with cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a touch of cinnamon, chopped parsley, and toasted pumpkin seeds.