If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Kale is an excellent source of nutrients, raw or in a sauté. Try adding this fresh, flavorful raw Kale salad to your meals and reap the nutritional benefits! —Diane Hoch
- 6 Kale leaves, torn up into small pieces and massaged for one minute
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Avocado, massaged into the Kale until creamy
- 2 teaspoons Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Sweetened or unsweetened cranberries (unsulfered)
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Mint, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 Orange, cut into 1/2 inch segments
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- In a large salad bowl, place the kale and olive oil - massage, rub and get nice and friendly with the vegetables until the kale begins to wilt and release some moisture, about 2 1/2 minutes. Add the avocado, lemon and orange juices, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, mint, orange segments, salt, pepper, lemon zest. Mix until combined. Serve and enjoy.