If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pick up some Swiss Chard at your farmers market to test out our recipe! —Diane Hoch
- 6 cups Swiss Chard, steamed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Water
- Rinse leaves with cold water. Remove spine from greens, chop the leaves into bite-size pieces by hand or cut with a knife, set aside
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, and sauté until aromatic about two minutes. Add red pepper flakes, salt, cranberries, orange zest, orange juice, and maple syrup and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add the Swiss chard, use tongs to turn to coat. Pour water over the Swiss chard and cover. Let steam for additional two minutes, chard is done when leaves begin to soften, and the color begins to darken and intensify.
- Serve immediately. Yum!