This is a hearty potato salad that is best served warm, while the potatoes are still crispy.
This is a hearty potato salad that is best served warm, while the potatoes are still crispy.—sparkplug
pounds Fingerling potatoes
Large, sweet onion, cut into 3 thick slices
Red bell pepper, cut in half and cleaned
Slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
tablespoons Olive oil, divided
Large lemon, zested and juiced
tablespoon Red wine vinegar
tablespoons Coarse-grained mustard
cup Flat leaf parsley, chopped
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
In This Recipe
- Cover the potatoes in salted water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes, until you can stick them with a fork, but they are still a bit firm.
- When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the onion slices and pepper with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the pepper halves directly on the grill and place the potatoes and onion in a grill basket over a medium-hot flame for about 20-30 minutes. Stir/flip occasionally.
- While the other ingredients are grilling, make your dressing. Whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice and zest of 1 lemon, vinegar, mustard, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dice the grilled onion and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables together with the dressing and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish