If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a hearty potato salad that is best served warm, while the potatoes are still crispy. —sparkplug
- 2 pounds Fingerling potatoes
- 1 Large, sweet onion, cut into 3 thick slices
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut in half and cleaned
- 3 Slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 tablespoons Olive oil, divided
- 1 Large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Coarse-grained mustard
- 1/4 cup Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Cover the potatoes in salted water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes, until you can stick them with a fork, but they are still a bit firm.
- When cool enough to handle, slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Toss the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the onion slices and pepper with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the pepper halves directly on the grill and place the potatoes and onion in a grill basket over a medium-hot flame for about 20-30 minutes. Stir/flip occasionally.
- While the other ingredients are grilling, make your dressing. Whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the juice and zest of 1 lemon, vinegar, mustard, and parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dice the grilled onion and pepper.
- Toss the vegetables together with the dressing and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish