If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don't often have fresh mozzarella in the house for a caprese salad but I almost always have blue cheese and in the the summer when the tomatoes are very ripe and juicy, I'll make a "caprese" salad with tomatoes and blue cheese. The tomatoes aren't there yet but grape tomatoes are sweet year round, and pairing them with zucchini makes for a wonderful side! (This one is easily expandable) —inpatskitchen
medium zucchini (mine was about 8 inches long and weighed about 3/4 pound)
large grape tomatoes
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus a little more for drizzling
Salt and pepper
Two 12 inch wooden skewers
cup crumbled blue cheese (use your favorite)
A few basil leaves
- Slice the zucchini on a slant into ovals just under 1/2 inch. Place the zucchini and grape tomatoes in a bowl and toss them with the 3 tablespoon olive oil and a little salt and pepper.
- Thread the grape tomatoes on the skewers (about 6 on each)
- Heat your grill to medium high and grill the tomatoes slightly. Grill the zucchini until lightly charred.
- Arrange the zucchini and tomatoes decoratively on a plate or platter. Sprinkle the blue cheese over. Dress lightly with a drizzle of olive oil and then tear the basil leaves and scatter over. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Zucchini or Summer Squash
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish