If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This a great simple make ahead appetizer recipe. —Flirty Foodie
- 2 large zucchini
- 1/2 package cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, thinly sliced
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil for grill
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove cream cheese from fridge and let it come to room temperature. Once soft mix in lemon juice, chives, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Heat grill or grill pan. Slice zucchini into long thin ribbon, preferably using a mandolin slicer. Oil grill to prevent vegetables from sticking. Cook zucchini a few minutes per side. Add salt and pepper once off the grill.
- Once zucchini are cool enough to handle use a knife to spread a thin layer of cream cheese onto one side of the zucchini, avoiding the end that will be left exposed so the cream cheese doesn't ooze out. Roll. Use a toothpick if necessary to keep close. If not you just rest the exposed end downside on a plate. Serve warm, room temperature or cold. Feed your love!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Grilled Vegetable Dish