If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: By Oishii Moments —Oishii Moments
- 4 cups water
- 1 piece dried kombu seaweed
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 packet enoki mushroom
- 1 packet fried fish tofu
- 2 pounds shabu shabu beef, sliced very thinly
- 1 packet udon
- 1 packet fish balls with roe filling
- 1 packet fish cake
- 1 sesame sauce
- 1 ponzu sauce
- Fill a large pot with water. Add the dried kombu seaweed and simmer in medium-low fire for at least 10 minutes. Remove kombu and when water begins boiling. Add miso paste to broth until dissolved.
- Slice vegetables into bite size pieces and arrange ingredients on a serving plate.
- Place the pot of boiling broth on the portable burner (in the middle of table) and set up the table with the following: - Plate of ingredients. - Portable gas or electric burner. - Pot of boiling broth. - Sauce dish (ponzu sauce & sesame sauce) for each person.
- Each person will cook their beef, vegetables, or other ingredients by dipping each individual item in the boiling broth. Swish it gently back and forth until the meat cooks. For extra flavor, dip your meat in the sesame or ponzu sauce.
- Finish the the meal with udon by adding it to the soup. You can scoop it out and ladle some broth into your bowl. Add soy sauce and you just made yourself udon noodle soup!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup